LSMU Ambassador Programme
The goal of the Ambassador Programme of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences (LSMU) is to involve international students into a voluntary activity aiming at promotion of the LSMU in foreign countries.
Ambassador's functions are as follows:
- Consult those who are interested in studies at the LSMU and share his/her experience of studies at LSMU and life in Lithuania.
- Together with the University representatives participate in the University “Open Days”. The participation is coordinated with the student's learning process, taking into account the classes and assessments timetables.
- Attend the Ambassadors' meetings every two months. The meetings are organised and conducted by the LSMU International Office. During the meetings the Ambassadors are to be provided with the relevant information and the activities performed by the Ambassadors and the results of the activities are discussed.
Benefits for the Ambassador:
- Development of skills in leadership, organization, communication, and interpersonal relations.
- Possibility to travel to other countries to take part in higher education fairs.
- Earning of Certificates of Appreciation and Letters of Recommendation.
Trainings for the Ambassador:
Trainings in public speaking, persuasive communication and other topics relevant to the Ambassador's functions are organised according to the demand. Ambassadors' trainings guidelines are prepared for each subsequent year by the end of January along with the indication of the required resources.
Ambassador's selection procedure:
- The period of the Ambassador's participation in the Programme is determined according to the candidates' motivation and possibilities.
- Selection is carried out in accordance with the demand.
- The information about the Ambassadors' selection is spread by sending e-mails to the international students and with the help of the LSMU Student Union.
- The selection is carried out by the LSMU International Office.
- The candidates have to present their motivational letters describing briefly how they imagine performing the Ambassador's activity and the selected candidates are invited for an interview.
- The main criteria for the candidates:
- 2nd or upper year international degree students;
- Good academic standing;
- Proper communication skills, friendliness and enthusiasm;
- Ability to perform the Ambassador's functions.
Are you considering to study at the University? Ambassadors can help you make up your mind. They are current Lithuanian University of Health Sciences international students themselves and will kindly share their experience about studies at the University and life in Lithuania.