Department of Non-infectious diseases
The Department of non-infectious diseases was formed following surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology, department of internal diseases and when the Large Animal Clinic. The Department employs 30 employees, who ensure the quality of the study and clinical practice in the Academy and the Cathedral offices, about 30 percent of the workforce is composed of veterinarians working in practice, daily treats animals, are transferringtheir experience for the Veterinary Academy students.
The Department of non-infectious diseases is taught these subjects: a clinical diagnostics, therapy and prevention, special therapies, bird diseases, veterinary pharmacology and pharmacy, veterinary toxicology, medicinal and poisonous plants to livestock, anaesthesiology and surgical techniques, surgical pathology, clinical surgery and ophthalmology, topography and small animal surgical veterinary obstetrics and gynaecology, traumatology, farm animals and birds to insemination and embryo transplantation, biotechnology basics. Tutors help students prepare and defend a master’s final research, work with residents and doctoral students, participates in activities by: continuing education and consulting centre, lecturing and advising veterinarians, conducts research, publishes the results of research in foreign publications, organizes conferences, teaches at conferences and participates in.
The Department shall cooperate with the veterinary school in Uppsala and very closely with Veterinary high school in Hannover (Germany), the teachers under the ERASMUS exchange program teaches students their specialty in lectures, such missions are planned each year.
- Comparative evaluation of obstetrics samples;
- Metabolic disorders, prevention of bovine animals;
- The harmonisation of methods of surgical and drug therapy in clinical practice;
- Metabolic disorders, diagnosis of bovine animals and the improvement of methods of prevention.
The proposed scientific service, expertise, products:
- Breeding sires assessment is carried out, examined the quality of fresh and frozen semen, provided advice on reproductive and sexual life cycle of animal regulatory issues;
- Provides advisory assistance to livestock farmers and private female infertility and mastitis diagnosis, treatment, prevention;
- Performed the documentation of veterinary drugs;
- The animals performed in serum, urine analysis of morphological and biochemical characteristics;
- Compiled the control of sporting horse health and training methods;
- Veterinary doctor’s consultation for the diagnosis of animal diseases, treatment and prevention;
- Livestock farmers provide veterinary assistance and advice.
- Veterinary medicine (VM);
- Veterinary food safety permanent and continuous study programs (VFS, VFSP);
- Animal technology permanent and continuous study programs (GTFN);
- Master permanent studies. Animal resource management (GIV).
- Animal Prevention and treatment of infertility
- Andrology and animal insemination
- Internal non-infectious disease
- Clinical Experimental Surgery
- Veterinary obstetrics and gynaecology residency;
- Haematology and toxicology of veterinary residency;
- Residency of non-infectious diseases therapy.
The Department of non-infectious diseases is taught these things:
- Chemical contaminants in the food chain (selected subject);
- Insemination of farm animal and poultry (selected subject);
- Propaedeutic (for 3rd year general studies) and special propaedeutic (residency 1st year);
- Internal disease, diagnostics and treatment (horse, cattle, sheep, pigs, dogs, birds, exotic animals) (for 4th and 5th year general studies and residency all program);
- Pharmacology and pharmacy (3th year general studies);
- Veterinary toxicology (4th year general studies);
- Medicinal and poisonous plants to livestock (selected subject);
- Anaesthesiology and surgical techniques, surgical pathology, clinical surgery and ophthalmology, traumatology (4th and 5th years general studies and residency all program);
- Topography and small animal surgery (selected subject);
- Veterinary obstetrics and gynaecology (4th and 5th year general studies and residency program 2 years);
- Veterinary obstetrics, gynaecology and biotechnology basics (selected subject).
Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology Laboratory: Created and added to the database of veterinary preparations, constantly. Review of veterinary medicinal products is carried out, advice on matters relating to documents.
Laboratory of the livestock breeding: Comparative evaluation of obstetrics samples, semen samples, metabolic disorders, prevention of bovine animal’s early diagnostic methods. There are possibilities to work for students and practical work.
Practical training and experimenting center: The main task of center – practice, teaching and producing researches, breeding sires assessment. There are possibilities for consultations and continuing studies in practice, in this center.