National and international awards
Updated 15 March 2018
- Prof. Arimantas Tamašauskas, head of the Department of Neurosurgery and director of Neuroscience Institute, - The Order of the Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas "Knight's Cross" for the merits to the Republic of Lithuania and international glorification of the Republic; awarded by the President of the Republic of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė on 6 July 2017.
- Dr. Adomas Bunevičius, senior researcher at the Laboratory of Clinical Research, Neuroscience Institute, - BrainLab Neurosurgery Award at the Congress of Neurological Surgeons in Boston, USA on 7-11 October 2017, for a neurosurgeon working outside the USA for the outstanding research on brain tumors.
- Prof. Vilmantė Borutaitė, head of the Laboratory of Biochemistry, Neuroscience Institute, - Osvalds Šmidebergs Medal of Latvian Society of Pharmacology, 2012.
- Prof. Adolfas Toleikis, prof. Vilmantė Borutaitė and prof. Vida Mildažienė, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Neuroscience Institute, - Science Award of Lithuania (2008) for the outstanding research “The mechanisms of response to stress and control of mitochondrial functions”.
- Dr. Rima Naginienė, senior researcher at the Laboratory of Toxicology of Neuroscience Institute, - Award of the Romanian Society for Magnesium Research, 2007.
- Dr. Rima Naginienė, researcher at the Laboratory of Toxicology, Neuroscience Institute, - Faustus Scientific Award, Austria, 2004.
- Dr. Silvija Jankevičiūtė, junior researcher at the Laboratory of Biochemistry, Neuroscience Institute - "Art in Science" award for poster "Sky-blue snowdrop" exhibited in public areas in Lithuanian cities.