Updated on 2 July 2018
Main international scientific events
Scientific workshop "Neuroinformatics for Medical Research" was held on 2 July 2018 at the Neurosience Institute of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences in Palanga, Vydūno str. 4. The program is available here.
Professor Taisuke Tomita (Laboratory of Neuropatholgy and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan) presented the lecture „Understanding the molecular/cellular pathology and emerging strategies against Alzheimer disease”. The lecture took place on 15 June 2018 at the Faculty of Pharmacy, audience A-205, Sukilėlių pr. 13, Kaunas.
Coorganise of The 6th Baltic‐Nordic School on Neuroinformatics BNNI2018: Understanding the Brain: from Neuroscience to Deep Learning. The school took place on 11-13 June 2018 at the Ventspils University of Applied Sciences, Latvia.
A group of scientists from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU, Israel) visited the Neuroscience Institute and on 4-5 June 2018 presented the lectures:
- "Physiological role and mode of regulation of mitochondrial Ca2+ signaling and metabolism interrogated by imaging and optometabolic control" - prof. Israel Sekler, Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, BGU.
- "Sodium fluxes and excitability of thin neuronal processes" - assoc. prof. Ilya Fleidervish, Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, BGU.
- "Minimally invasive neurosurgery. The keyhole concept" - Israel Melamed, neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosurgery, Soroka Medical Centre, BGU.
The IX International Conference of Lithuanian Neuroscience Association Neurodiversity: from theory to clinics, organised by Neuroscience Institute, in collaboration with Lithuanian Neuroscience Association (LNA), Lithuanian University of Health Sciences and Vytautas Magnus University. The conference took place at the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Kaunas, Lithuania, on 1 December 2017. More information and program is available here.
Representatives from the ENIGMA Consortium (enigma.ini.usc.edu) were giving a seminar on 12th October 2017. The seminar was held at the Faculty of Pharmacy at the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences. The programme:
- The ENIGMA Consortium: Mapping Human Brain Diseases with Imaging and Genomics in 50,000 Individuals from 35 Countries - prof. Paul Thompson.
- Imaging Biomarkers of Recovery after Traumatic Brain Injury: The Need for Consortium Studies - prof. Emilly Dennis.
The 5th Baltic‐Nordic School on Neuroinformatics (BNNI2017): Theoretical modeling of brain functions in neurological and psychiatric disorders: Advancing future neuroscience and medicine through Neuroinformatics methods. The School took place on 6-7 October 2017 at the Neurosience Institute of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences. More information is available here.
The 1st Baltic‐Nordic Summer School on Neuroinformatics (BNNI2013): Computations in the Brain and Translational Neuroscience (together with Tampere Technical University (Finland) and Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania). The Summer School took place on 29-31 May 2013, in Vytautas Magnus University, Kaunas, Lithuania. More information can be found at http://www.cs.tut.fi/sgn/neuroinfo/index_files/Page500.htm
International Translational Neuroscience Conference, which was held on 16-17 June 2011 in Kaunas, Lithuania. The conference was dedicated to the 60th Anniversary of Neurosurgery in Lithuania and establishment (onwards the 1st July 2011) of Neuroscience Institute of Lithuanian University of health Sciences. More information is available at http://www.neuroscience.lt
Co-organiser of the Mitochondrial Physiology Society summer school "MiP summer 2010", which was held on 10-16 June 2010 in Druskininkai, Lithuania. More information is available at http://www.mitophysiology.org/index.php?id=mipsummer2010