The Institute of Endocrinology conducts the following scientific issues financed by the budget of the Republic of Lithuania:
A. In the Laboratory of General Endocrinology:
1. Research on neuroendocrine regulation mechanisms (Physical and psychological evaluation of men with hypogonadism undergoing testosterone replacement therapy; Clinical and genetic studies in the evaluation of pathogenesis and possible treatment options of hypothalamic-pituitary disorders).
2. Investigation of environmental and genetic factors in predicting human reproductive health.
3. Thyroid tests (The study for new combinations of clinical, genetic and epigenetic markers in thyroid diseases).
B. In the Laboratory of Diabetes mellitus:
1. Registry for patients with diabetes, the effect of immune, genetic and environmental factors on the disease, etiology, prevention and treatment strategy:
2. Studies on risk factors and complications of diabetes mellitus (Diabetic neuropathy, nephropathy and retinopathy in patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, research on diabetes risk factors and complications in diabetes; An attempt to unravel the clinical, genetic and environmental risk factors for the pathogenesis of late complications in patients with type 1 diabetes; Stress and sleep relationships with emotional status and quality of life and patients with diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome).
3. Prevention of type 2 diabetes mellitus.