The main aims of the Institute:
- Perform innovative biomedical research in the fields of physiology and pharmacology;
- Increase the awareness of the society about healthy living, public health, life quality, functioning of the organism and its systems, prevention and prophylaxis of various diseases;
- Prepare scientists and actively participate in scientific and study programmes on the local, national and international levels;
- Provide high-level specialised services to the institutions, which form and establish the local and national policy of health care and medicines control;
- Effectively apply research data to the health care system and study process;
- Optimise studies of physiology and pharmacology and implement new teaching methods.