International students could be admitted into the English programme of the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences if they provide the legalized high school or college certificate and transcript (officially translated into English) and meet the Entrance Exam requirements (see Entrance Exam). Good grades in biology, chemistry and physics will give preference. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory (see below the list of 'Items to be submitted').
Starting from 15 January 2014, the University opened the application online. All applicants shall apply online and provide all documents and other items required for admission.
Holders of foreign qualifications who prefer to study in the Lithuanian language can be accepted to the state-funded study places in the Lithuanian University of Health Sciences or claim for scholarships in accordance with the procedures established by the applicable legislation in cases when:
- They are citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other member countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) ;
- They are non-EU and non-EEA nationals granted a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania or they are stateless persons;
- They are children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin (further the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin).
Foreign nationals and stateless persons who do not meet the required criteria are accepted to study at higher education institutions with their own funds by taking part in the competition. For more information, please, follow this link.
Items to be submitted (in English or with an authorised English translation):
1. Matriculation / School Leaving Certificate confirmed by the governmental authorities (see below "Legalization of Educational Documents");
2. Transcripts of high school/ senior secondary school courses verifying successful completion of General Biology and General Chemistry;
3. Certificate proving the knowledge of the English language: TOEFL – minimum 65 points (iBT); IELTS – above 5.5 points; the certificate confirming the knowledge of a foreign language at minimum B2 level (CEFR) or similar. If you are not able to present any certificate proving the knowledge of the English language you will have to take an English language test prepared by the University. The English language test will be given on the same day as the test in Biology/Chemistry.
4. Brief CV;
5. Passport or ID copy;
6. Health Certificate based on complete medical examination;
7. One passport-type photographs (3x4 cm);
8. Application fee 150 EUR (nonrefundable).
Note: The Admission Committee may request additional documents.
Legalization of Educational Documents
Applicants, who received their education in countries-members from the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, India, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. (In most countries the Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education.)
The education documents of applicants who received their education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.) should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received.